Adult Education In Radcliffe On Trent, Britain and The Raj, Civil War Centre Newark, Latin, Maps and Their Journeys, Philosophy Courses, Radcliffe on Trent, The Grange Community Centre, WEA Courses In Radcliffe On Trent, Workers Educational Association
R is for
Radcliffe on Trent
The WEA has a very vibrant branch in Radcliffe on Trent. Its dedicated committee of volunteers work tirelessly to promote our courses in the area and to bring interesting and stimulating speakers to their talks.
Spring/summer courses in Radcliffe
- Let’s read Latin – with Maureen Lillie Tuesday evening at The Grange
- Britain and India 1914-1950 – with Ann Parker Wednesday morning at The Grange
- Maps and their Journeys – with Susan Roberts Wednesday evening at The Grange
- Philosophy beginner’s guide (short summer course) with Bettina Lange Wednesday evenings at The Grange
Two educational visits have also been organised by the branch:
- The Fabric of India Exhibition at V & A museum London
A trip to this exhibition will further understanding of how Britain established the Raj in India.
The cost including entry to the exhibition is £25
Saturday 9th January, 9am start for Radcliffe on Trent and leaving London at 4pm
Applications must be in by 21st December
Please see brochure for further details or telephone 0115 9628418
Civil War Experience with Ann Parker
Wednesday 27th April 10.15am-3.15pm
Meet at 101.5am at The Grange Community Centre Radcliffe On Trent
- A short introduction to the Civil War d the day ahead
- By cars to Newark for a guided tour of The Castle, Church, Market Square
- Visit to The National Civil War Museum Newark
There will be a lunch break of 45 minutes,
For more information and details of cost contact Radcliffe On Trent branch secretary.