Austen, Byron, Carol Ann Duffy, Courses in Nottingham, Jackie Kay, Keats, Literature Courses, Louis MacNeice, Mary Godwin, Nottingham Mechanics, Poetry Courses, Richard Wright, Shelley, Sylvia Plath, Ted Hughes, Toni Morrison, WEA Courses
B is for …
- Beeston courses– Plays and playgoing, Creative Writing, Tracing your ancestors and art appreciation
- Books – we have a number of literature and poetry courses at Nottingham Mechanics in the city centre.
- The literature of 1816 – the year without a summer, includes studying works by Byron, Percy Shelley, Mary Godwin, Keats, Austen and Coleridge. Wednesday mornings at Nottingham Mechanics, tutor Judith Hedley
- An introduction to the African-American Novel -Beloved by Toni Morrison and Black Boy by Richard Wright. Wednesday afternoons at the City Mission, tutor Mike Wareham
- The Lives of the poems – discover the lives, loves and influences on well-known poets: Ted Hughes & Sylvia Plath, Laura Riding & Robert Graves, Emily Dickinson & contemporary poets Carol Ann Duffy & Jackie Kay. Friday mornings at Nottingham Mechanics, tutor Mike Wilson
- Poems for pleasure: Louis MacNeice (1907-1963) A much loved poet. King of Rhyme! Saturday mornings at Nottingham Mechanics, tutor John Rivers.
Course details can be found here or telephone 0115 9628416 for a brochure