Adult Eduation, Could You Teach For the WEA, Courses for Adults, Cultural Studies Courses, Sessional Tutors New Tutors Wanted, Teaching Adults, Teaching Courses For Adults, WEA, WEA Courses, WEA East Midlands, Workers Educational Association
We think our tutors are pretty special people and our students agree. We’re looking to add to our tutor panel, do you fit the bill? Our tutors are paid an hourly rate and employed on a sessional basis.
If you are qualified and experienced adult education tutor; passionate about your subject, committed to life-long learning and wanting to engage with students within your local community, teaching with the WEA may be for you.
We are always interested to hear from tutors who can offer courses in the following subject areas: astronomy, current affairs, gardening, geology, history, local history, practical archaeology, international studies, nature studies, practical crafts, conservation, upholstery, very basic car maintenance, contemporary dance or fitness for the more mature, or other subjects you think our students may be interested in.
We need tutors who:
- Are experienced in teaching adults
- ¨Are qualified/specialist in their chosen topic
- Can lead and motivate a group of students, but at the same time encourage participation and work collaboratively
- Can design and deliver innovative courses that appeal to students
- Are excellent communicators
- Are IT literate and able to fulfil course administration requirements as well as teaching work
- Can build relationships with all types of people, from all walks of life
- Support and apply the principles of equality and diversity in their work
- Appreciate the importance of education with a social purpose
Our national website will give you more information about teaching with us and what its like to be a WEA tutor We also have a local website which will give you a flavour of our work in the East Midlands www.weaeastmidlands.org
if you want to know more about working for the WEA locally and to discuss possible courses you could offer please contact Nikki Cleaver by email in the first instance email@example.com